Good Stuff

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Put Your Creativity Into Action


creativity1
Photo Courtesy: http://drewmclellan.typepad.com

Hello all.
Putting your creative work out is always a challenge. Especially when you are just starting out. A lot of the pressure comes from not knowing what the audience will think. This leads to a fear of criticism.
Have you ever tried something that you thought was really creative and people laughed and looked down on you for doing it? Or maybe you just had what you believed to be a truly creative idea and ambitious goal and people said “how can you do that?” or “You can’t do that!”
While constructive criticism is essential to any worthwhile success, when you let what people say negatively effect your action towards your goal, it can turn into a problem.

“In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”
-Tony Robbins

I use my personal blogs as an example a lot. I started out these blogs with no real concrete direction in mind. I just started out as a hobby, something to “kill time.” really knew was that I was going to use my personal life experiences as I was building my business and share ideas that have worked for me along the way. The first six months I received consistent 0 views on my blog. So I mean 17,000+ views later I think that’s not so bad.

“Do It Now Method”
The point here is this. If you have something creative to share, use the method that I use.
The method is called the “Do It Now” Method.
I say to myself, “Do it Now” every time I have a creative idea, and I write it down on a notebook, so I won’t forget it. Or I immediately start working on it at that moment.

This gets my creative juices moving into action immediately, so that there is not enough time to second guess my idea. You can use this method whenever you have a creative idea, and witness the great results of this simple yet highly effective method. I believe that we limit our creativity when we over think what we should do. Those hunches, or intuitive ideas that come to each one of us comes for a reason, and it is up to you to either hold on to it or share it with others.

If you begin using the “Do it Now Method” you will begin to see that great results take place, because you are putting immediate action on your hunches. It is also important to remember it’s perfectly fine if what you decide to work on doesn’t come out like you expected the first time. This takes practice, the more you develop this method the better the results over time.
The critics will be out there both positive and negative, but continue to create and deliver anyway.
Put your creativity into action.

+Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment